Below are the current Policies and Procedures for Vita De Novo Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork. Please make sure you read them before your appointment.
Policies and Procedures
ARRIVAL TO YOUR MASSAGE
Please arrive for your appointment 15 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time. This allows you the time to fill out the appropriate client form (new clients). All massages have a specific time schedule and early arrival allows for a relaxed and unhurried experience.
If late arrival is inevitable, your service may be shortened in order to keep on schedule. The original treatment time will be charged.
Please provide at least 24 hours notice if you need to reschedule or cancel a treatment. This gives the therapist enough time to fill the slot. If a client fails to cancel within 24 hours multiple times (2 or more), they will be asked to pre-pay for future services.
LATE ARRIVAL POLICY
We regret that late arrivals will not receive extension of scheduled appointments. In special cases, and when our schedule will allow, we may be able to accommodate a partial or full appointment. This will be at our discretion and only with proper, advanced notification of your late arrival. The original reservation fee will be charged.
RESPECT FOR CLIENT NEEDS AND BOUNDARIES
- Therapists are happy to adjust pressure, temperature, musical volume, work longer on an area or move on if you request it.
- The client may choose to: leave on as much clothing as needed for comfort, refuse any massage methods, stop massage at any time and is free to leave; the therapy door is never locked.
- The client will always be modestly draped. Only the area being massaged will be undraped. The clients will be kept informed of the area to be massaged.
- Occasionally, an emotional response to massage occurs. If this happens, it is ok to express the feelings in our safe, nonjudgmental environment – or you may request privacy and end the session. You are in control.
- Requests for sexual activity will not be tolerated and will immediately end the session. The client will not be rescheduled if this occurs and full payment of original service will be required.
- The breast and genital area will not be massaged under any circumstances. Permission will be asked before working close to these areas; otherwise, a professional distance will be maintained. Sexual interaction or discussion of any kind between the client and the massage therapist is NEVER appropriate. On rare occasions an involuntary sensual response to massage is natural and will subside on its own in a few moments.
- We do not massage anyone under the age of 18 with out a parent or legal guardian present.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND CONVERSATION
- The discussion between the massage therapist and the client is confidential. The client may or may not choose to talk during the massage.
- We are happy to listen to your conversation and share our professional expertise. We prefer to not discuss topics of a political, private or sexual nature.
- The massage therapist will not diagnose any medical condition or illness or prescribe any medications or remedies for conditions or illnesses. If any undiagnosed symptoms are present, the therapist may refer you to a physician.
EXISTING AND NEW MEDICAL CONDITIONS
- It is the responsibility of the client to keep the massage therapist informed of any medical treatment currently being taken, and to provide written permission from the physician, chiropractor, physical therapist, etc., that the massage may be continued.
- The client must also keep the massage therapist informed of any changes in health conditions.